We provide custom, flexible programming to meet the needs of your children & youth participants.
We have had the opportunity to offer the following workshops, and are always open to learning and facilitating other styles of interest to the youth.
- “Zero Waste” using natural paints and materials
- Upcycled materials
- Mixed Media
- Video Production
- Basic machine sewing, hand sewing and textile art
- Health and Wellness, such as Yoga
- Entrepreneurship & Art Mentorship / E-Commerce (how to sell your art online)
How long do the programs last?
Our programming is based on budget, both ours and our partner organizations. Typically, we provide a 12 week art workshop, once a week for 2 hours.
However, in the past, we have provided a few hours, 1-2 days, a weekend or six weeks.
What do we provide?
Our organization aims to:
- provide free 12 weeks of art workshops
- provide guidance from our professional A.R.T. Educator(s)
- provide healthy snacks and beverages during each workshop
- provide all art supplies for the participants
- provide the opportunity to collaborate with other artists, youth or organizations
- provide the opportunity for youth to sell or showcase their art work
- provide the opportunity for a youth to be an A.R.T. Assistant with compensation
Why is this so important?
- Art promotes self-confidence, builds communication and problem-solving skills
- Art provides a way for youth to express themselves and can be an outlet for mental health
- Youth show a stronger overall academic performance
- It helps youth transition into adulthood
- The arts contribute to creating healthy and supportive communities for youth
- Youth learn to feel connected, capable, courageous and made to feel like they countSource: Canada Council for the Arts: Impact of Arts on Canadian Life
What Our Partners Say
We can’t wait to have you all back! The kids loved it.Roberts Smart Centre
It’s more than art class, it’s a chance for our participants to connect and socialize with their friends.Ability First Ottawa
Can you be the one to teach art all the time? The youth were so engaged!CHEO YouthNet