A Real Thought (A.R.T.) In Action
is a registered incorporated non-profit organization that provides free art workshops and programs to children and youth facing multiple barriers. Since 2014 we have been operating on the traditional and unceded territory of the Algonquin Anishinaabe First Nation (colonially known as Ottawa).
- To provide free art workshops for children and youth facing multiple barriers
- To provide a safe environment for youth to express themselves creatively
- To provide inclusive and accessible programming
- To provide fair compensation for all of our artists and art educators
- To provide opportunities and honorariums for young artists, musicians, writers, filmmakers and those within the creative arts sector
- To partner with organizations and facilitators with shared values
We are a volunteer run non-profit that operates on community donations. We only make this happen through the generosity of others and we are so appreciative of everyone that supported us in the past and continues to supports us today. Be a part of something great and help us make the arts accessible and barrier-free to children and youth by making a donation today.
Learn more about ways to help here.