A Real Thought (A.R.T.) In Action
is an incorporated non-profit organization that provides free art workshops and programs to children and youth facing multiple barriers. Since 2014 we have been providing free art programming to various organizations in Ottawa and Arviat, Nunavut.
We acknowledge that we are operating on the traditional and unceded territory of the Algonquin Anishinaabe First Nation (Ottawa, Ontario).
“Creating artwork allows your mind to be in a safe place while it contemplates the tougher issues you are dealing with. One can use the tools of brush, paint, pastels, crayons etc to expose and even for a short time color those issues in a different light.”George E. Miller
- To provide free art workshops for children and youth facing multiple barriers
- To provide a safe environment for youth to express themselves creatively
- To provide inclusive and accessible programming
- To provide fair compensation for all of our artists and art educators
- To provide opportunities and honorariums for young artists, musicians, writers, filmmakers and those within the creative arts sector
- To partner with organizations and facilitators with shared values
Your donations support our programs. We appreciate your support!
Learn about others ways to help here.
A few of our partnerships: